Thursday, September 4, 2008

Basketball early in the morning

Friend of mine, Josh invited me to play basketball a two weeks ago on Monday's and Wednesday's at 6am. We play at First Baptist Garland which is not far from where I catch the train on the way to work every morning. They have a really nice gym and activity center in downtown Garland by the way.

I only have to get up about 10 minutes earlier than I used to in order to make it there in time so losing sleep is not an issue. I have also wanted to start going to my gym, 24 Hr Fitness downtown, in the morning instead of at lunch due to my crazy job not always being predictable. Now I am trying to lift weights Tuesdays and Thursdays at 6 and play basketball Mondays and Wednesdays at 6. After about an hour of playing, I catch the train and then walk to 24 Hr and shower and get dressed for work. Luckily, the 24 and my office are both at the St. Paul Station downtown.

I used to play basketball all the time 1st grade through college but its been about 3 years since I have played and since I graduated I haven't played at all on a regular basis. It was definitely an adjustment out there. I did not play well at all the first time I played and I was really struggling with my conditioning. I did not make a shot from the outside, but I had a couple of nice drives to the basket. The next time I played it really started coming back. I was making a few shots from the outside, taking it inside, making steals, and making some pretty good passes if I do say so myself. I am glad Josh invited me to start playing, because I really missed playing on a regular basis. Hopefully, I can keep it up.

2 comments:

Emily T said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Emily T said...

Yeuh, basketball.